Wednesday, November 9, 2016

november goals

I missed the very beginning of the month, but we out here today to go over those November goals!! I'm really excited for November - we've got Thanksgiving coming up, which means a week off of school (!!!) and then it's CHRISTMAS. I'm so ready. But, before we can get to Christmas, we have to get through November. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish this month. :)


First, a quick recap of my October goals! My biggest goal was to establish a daily Bible reading plan that I actually followed. I made a super cute little graphic for a 30 day Isaiah reading plan, which I did well with until about halfway through. I'd like to try to read more this month, but with a less structured approach. There have been some random chapters and books that have come up in discussions at church, and I'd like to kind of work my way through some of that. My next goal was to improve my photography skills. I definitely worked on photography stuff a lot and learned a TON this month (@ my photography people, check out Jessica Whitaker's videos if you wanna learn a bunch). I'd like to get some more practice in this month to continue on that growth! Finally, I wanted to step up on my piano game. I was very disappointed in myself for most of the month in that I hardly even touched the piano, but in the last week or so I really got on it and I've made a lot of progress practice wise! I'm hoping to continue that into this month, especially since I've got a recital coming up.

one // finish my current book
Y'all. I've been working on the Constitutional Thought of Thomas Jefferson for MONTHS. I'm seriously loving it, but I'm ready to finish it up and move on to my next read (the Federalist Papers, because I'm a nerd). I'm only about a third of the way through, but I think if I really buckle down, I can finish it up, and hopefully write a review for y'all!!

two // work on driver's ed
I was supposed to have my license by the end of 2016, but there's seriously no way that's happening, so the new goal is to have it by the end of the school year, ideally by March-ish. I'm hoping I can have it sooner rather than later, but I'm trying to keep the timeline realistic. For this month, I'd really like to finish up the written portion on the computer, start studying for the written test, and go driving with my dad on a regular basis.

three // focus in on yearbook
Surprise surprise, we're already late on our first yearbook deadline. If you read about any of the drama from last year, you'll know that my yearbook staff missed literally, every. single. deadline. I'm trying as hard as absolutely possible to avoid that this year, but we've already missed deadline 1 by about 3 weeks. However, I'm hoping to have ALL of my spreads for that deadline done by this week. It's a bit of a stretch, but I'm getting close. In addition, I want to get deadline 2 planned and assigned right after I finish deadline 1, and while the other staffers get started on deadline 2, I have to edit and go over deadline 1 with my advisor. In summary, there's a lot to do.

What are you up to this November? Tell me all about it in the comments!

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment