Saturday, September 3, 2016

september goals

Howdy y'all! I can't believe it's already September - it feels like just yesterday I was writing posts for the Be Bold Linkup in January, and it's been 9 months! As usual, with the start of a new month I've got a goals post for y'all!


Since I wasn't able to write a goals post for August, I just kind of rolled over my goals from July and continued to work on those. Here's a quick recap of how I did. My big goal for this summer overall, was to step out of my anxiety comfort zone and make some new friends. Y'ALL. I can not even explain to you the progress I've made in the last two months. I started taking anxiety supplements in July (let me know if you'd like to see a post specifically about that), and since then I've been on a roll!! I have overcome my anxiety in so many ways, but in terms of social anxiety, I've never even felt this level of comfort and excitement about talking to people. That's not to say that my anxiety has gone away (trust me, it's still there), but I've made huge steps in overcoming it. My next big goal was to work a lot on the blog. I did really well in July, but kind of slacked off in August. It's hard to keep up with right at the beginning of school, but I'm working on it. I also wanted to start looking for more photo opportunities to pull me out of the photography rut I've been having and while I was still kinda struggling in July, August has really been looking up for me in that department and I think I finally got my mojo back! Finally, I wanted to use my planner more. I really didn't use it for the rest of summer, but since school started I've been working in that puppy like there's no tomorrow!!

My biggest goal for August is to try to book at least 2 senior shoots for my photography business. I just ran a huge promo where I got 1 booking, but I'm hoping to get a few more as the year goes on. Even if I can't book 2 that are set in stone, I'd at least like to talk to a few of the seniors I know about their senior photos and see if they'd even be remotely interested in me. :)

Another thing I want to work on is growing my engagement in the blogging community. I've been working on that a little all summer but I'd really like to push it a little more this month. I'm hoping to do a few more Twitter chats (I've been slacking on those a lot) and comment on and read more blogs. (Send me a link so I can follow you on Bloglovin' if ya wanna!!)

Next up, I really need to be studying for the PSAT a lot this month. I'm eligible for National Merit this year and I'm really hoping I can get it so that I'll be more likely to get some scholarships. I bought a practice book as well as a strategy book, so I'll be working out of those a lot this month as well as studying on Khan Academy.

Lastly, I'm planning to start working out more this month. My dad has been going to the gym everyday after work so I'm going to start tagging along a few days a week and hopefully start running in the mornings as well!

What are your goals for September? 

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment