Saturday, September 24, 2016

8 shows & movies you need to watch on netflix

If you're anything like me, you're probably always on the lookout for new shows and movies on Netflix, which is why today I wanted to share with you 8 of my top picks. I wrote another post like this about a year ago, but today I'm sharing an updated list!


TV SHOWS

one // Hart of Dixie
I started this show after I finished Grey's Anatomy and was in a Netflix depression and it ended up being so good! It's about a New York doctor that moves to a small town in the South to work in a private practice. It's funny and cutesy and the boys are fine. I would definitely recommend it!! (Be warned: there is a lot of back and forth drama so if that annoys you, be prepared.)

two // That 70's Show
This show is absolutely hilarious. It's a sitcom set in the 70's that follows a group of friends and all their shenanigans. It's probably one of the funniest shows I've ever watched and episodes are only 22 minutes a piece so you don't have to dedicate a ton of time to each episode. 

three // Jane the Virgin
This show gives me LIFE. It's CW's take on a telenovela which follows a virgin who is accidentally artificially inseminated and all the drama that comes along with that (and then some). Gina Rodriguez (the main character) is actually an angel and I love all of the actors and the writing and the jokes. It's honestly so good - I literally don't think I can recommend it enough.

four// The Carrie Diaries
I finished this show over the summer and it was so. stinkin'. good. I'm still so mad it got canceled. The show follows a high school aged Carrie Bradshaw (yes, the one from Sex and the City) and her friends - it's basically like a coming-of-age show. The plot gave me all the feels and it also has Austin Butler in it and if that isn't reason enough to start watching it, I don't know what is.

five // When Calls the Heart
It's made by Hallmark, so it's super cheesy, but this show is seriously so cute. Set in the early 1900's, the show follows a high society woman that moves to a small coal mining town to become a teacher and must adapt to a different lifestyle. Like Heart of Dixie, there's a lot of back and forth drama, but the story line is really interesting and it hit me in the feels HARD. They haven't put the latest season on Netflix, but I'm waiting on pins and needles for it to come out.


MOVIES

one // The Best of Me
This movie was really cute, and then really sad, but then still really cute at the same time and I lived for it. It's a Romantic Drama about two high school sweethearts who see each other again after so many years of separation. You can probably guess what happens. I loved the acting and the cinematography was BEAUTIFUL (I'm a huge film nerd - it's like photography but moving and I love it!).

two // the Holiday
This movie gets me in all my feels. I really don't like Cameron Diaz or Jack Black all that much but Jude Law and Kate Winslet make up for that. It's a Romantic Comedy (see a theme here?) about two women who do a house swap for Christmas vacation and meet some nice fellas in each respective community. If I'm being honest, I mostly just watch it for the soundtrack and Jude Law.

three // Daddy Long Legs
This is a Classic Romance movie staring Fred Astaire and it's so good!! It's about a man who 'sponsors' a French orphan to send her to school and, being a romance movie, she falls in love with him. It's a really cute movie and I love classics like this for the music and the costumes!


What are some of your favorite shows and movies to watch on Netflix?

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment