Wednesday, July 27, 2016

my travel bucket list

Howdy y'all! As I'm out and about on vacations and at various summer camps, I thought it would be a great time to share with y'all my travel bucket list. Even though I don't do much of it, I love to travel and have quite a few places I'd love to visit in the future.


one // San Antonio, TX
Starting off close to home (kind of), I would love to visit San Antonio. I've lived in Texas my whole life and still have yet to make a trip there! The Alamo is definitely something I'd love to see as well as well as some of the other historic stops. If for no other reason than the touristy stops, I'd like to go just to meet my blogging bud, Christina! ;)

two // Altauassee, Austria
This place is probably my number one spot on my bucket list. A gorgeous and scenic town, Altauassee is packed with historical significance. It's host to a series of mines that held one of the largest stock piles of stolen Nazi art during World War 2. I did a research project on those mines several years back and have wanted to see it since. It's also a great spot for skiing if you're more athletically inclined than this girl.

A photo posted by @schobim on

three // Barcelona, Spain
I take Spanish at my school and when I was a freshman taking Spanish 1, my teacher did a series of cultural lessons with our class. We spent a solid couple classes on Spain and I was entranced by the sheer amount of cultural significance this place holds. While I'd love to travel anywhere in Spain, Barcelona is definitely at the top of my list. It's unique cultural identity and beautiful scenery make it a place I'd love to visit.

four // Santorini, Greece
It's a basic blogger move to put this on the list but how can I not? Santorini is absolutely gorgeous and I really hope I'll be able to visit someday.


five // Bath, England
Home to my favorite author, Jane Austen, Bath is somewhere I've always dreamed of seeing. Obviously the Roman Baths are a must see in this city and Stonehenge isn't far from it.

six // Boston, MA
Being the history nerd I am, I had to include something on the East Coast on my list. Boston is packed full of historical sights that I'm dying to get a chance to see. I would love to tour the Freedom Trail, a stretch with a ton of Revolutionary War sights, and the Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library looks like a really interesting stop.

seven // small towns of the south road trip
While this isn't one exact spot, something I would really love to do is take a road trip all across the South and visit small towns. I love the character of little southern towns and whenever I drive through them I'm usually itching to get out of the car and walk around. It's super cheesy, but this is something I'd really like to do when I'm engaged or newly married - I think it would be super cute to road trip around my favorite area of the world with someone I love.

What's on your travel bucket list?

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment