Thursday, August 11, 2016

travel diary: breckenridge, colorado

Howdy y'all! Earlier this week I returned from my week-long vacation to Breckenridge, ColoRADo and I'm so pumped to tell y'all about it!! (but mostly to show you all the pretty pictures I took)


We left for the airport at 4:30am (ugh) on Saturday, July 30 and flew to Phoenix for our connecting flight. Unfortunately, we landed like 5 minutes after they closed the door to our connecting flight, and they wouldn't open it back up for us (even though there were like 10 people that were coming from our previous flight to that one *insert eye roll here*). As a result of that, we ended up having a 10 hour layover in Phoenix so shoutout to American Airlines on that one. After all that drama and then some, we finally made it to Denver and then drove to Breck in the morning.



My mom's best friend is the (super)woman that organizes this whole trip, and she got us an absolutely gorgeous house that was about a 5 min drive to Main St. For the first few days, my mom, a few others, and I just chilled around the house while everyone else did all the athletic stuff while was really nice because I had a chance to work on some blog stuff and relax in my beloved Eno.

On Wednesday we drove to a horse ranch to go horseback riding which was good in theory until I got to the top of the mountain and fainted. I guess I just hadn't been drinking enough water and it was super hot so I started feeling light headed and then got off my horse and then fainted! Luckily the staff was super well trained so they helped me down the mountain and I just chilled until the rest of the group came back. However, before the whole fainting incident it was super fun and my horse was adorable! (Her name was Parlay if you were wondering)

On Friday I went hiking with my dad and sister on the Minnie Mines Trail which was gorgeous and super fun. It was a really easy hike as well, so if you're not very good at that kind of thing (like me), it would be a great one to try. After that we looked around at the Country Boy Mine where we got to see and pet a REAL LIVE DONKEY. It was lowkey the most exciting part of the whole trip... Afterwards we were all starving so we went to the Columbine Cafe on Main St. and it was so so good. We shopped around for a little bit and then went back to the house.




















On Saturday I went on another hike with my dad and a few others from our group on McCulloch Gulch Trail. This one was significantly harder but it was absolutely gorgeous and totally worth the work. After this hike, we were once again starving so we picked up my sister and my dad, Rachel, and I went to the Blue Stag Saloon. I got a double cheese burger and fries and it was probably the best meal I've ever eaten. If you're ever staying in Breckenridge, 10/10 would recommend. We walked around a little more after to pick up some presents and then went home and napped hard.











Other than that, my vacation involved seeing like 10,000 adorable dogs in town (and petting them all), taking like 700 pictures of flowers, and doing a lot of hot-tubbing (Ban.do Hot Tub Club, anyone?).




On Sunday we went into Denver and ate at Bar Louie and then walked around a shopping center to kill time. We flew home and it was freakin' hot in our house and Rachel and I had to sleep on the couch.

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment