Saturday, May 21, 2016

weekend wandering: bryan, tx

Howdy y'all! Happy Saturday! I meant to get this post up on Wednesday, but had a lot of homework early on in the week, so it just didn't happen. Anyway, this past weekend my family and I went to Bryan, Texas for the restaurant opening of a family friend. Here's a quick recap of our stay!


We stayed in the La Salle Hotel, which was absolutely gorgeous. If you're ever in Bryan I highly recommend it. The rooms were beautiful and they have really good complementary breakfast!




The actual restaurant is Rx Pizza, where we went on Saturday night. The building is an old drugstore that they renovated leaving a lot of the original aspects. The grand opening went really well and the pizza was delicious! If your ever in the area, make sure to check it out!

(this is the amazing original ceiling)

Later on Saturday night we walked to Dairy Queen for blizzards. Naturally I took pictures along the way. :)
(dq dabs)


All around the area there were a lot of concerts happening and as we were walking back from DQ, I heard a voice I recognized (and subsequently spazzed out right in front of the restaurant where everyone could see me). One of my dad and my favorite musicians, John Fullbright, was playing at a venue literally next door to our hotel. I went over there and FaceTimed my dad in (he had to stay home to work) and it was literally one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Nobody at the concert really knew who he was (it was a benefit for Cystic Fibrosis), but I jammed so hard. Afterward I went up to the stage and got a picture and talked to him for a few minutes which was so stinkin' cool! Y'all know that I struggle with anxiety so going to this concert by myself and asking for the picture was a huge deal for me, but I'm so glad I did it!

(ignore the fact that I look like an over-stimulated egg in this)

Then on Sunday we had breakfast in the hotel and went to the A&M campus to look around and get t-shirts and then we went home! This was a super fun weekend and I can't wait to go back sometime soon! Here are a few more of the pictures I took.






Have a great day!








Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*



No comments:

Post a Comment