Saturday, April 16, 2016

5 of my favorite bible verses

Howdy y'all! I'm writing this the day before it's supposed to go up (classic), and for most of the day I was stressing about what I was going to write. I sent out a tweet asking what y'all thought and my friend and snail mail buddy Faith suggested posting about my favorite Bible verses. So here we are - I've got my "Jesus" playlist on shuffle and my Bible sitting next to me. Here are a few of my favorite verses.


Just for reference, I'm using the ESV translation for this post and that is what I pretty much always use, so if you ever see me reference a verse somewhere else, it's most likely ESV as well.

one // "The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." Psalm 28:7 - This is one of my all time favorites. It's just a very comforting and encouraging verse to me and I love the image of God literally being my shield. Also, singing is one of my favorite ways to praise so the second part of the verse is super special as well.

two // "Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass." Joshua 21:45 - I did a study over Joshua last spring and fell in love with this verse. I find it so encouraging to read that every. single. one. of God's promises came to pass - He will never abandon us.


three // "Jesus answered, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.'" John 3:5 - Last summer at my church camp we studied John and this verse was a huge factor in my decision to be baptized that week.

four // "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." Isiah 40:8 - I love this verse because it was written so long ago and the word is still here!! It literally will stand forever.

five // "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12 - I love this one because so many people believe that young kids or teens are not able to have their own faith because they're too immature, but it simply isn't true! I separated from my parents in my faith when I was 13 and now go to a completely different church from them at 16! Your faith is always your own no matter what your age - never let someone tell you you can't have beliefs because you're too young.


That's just a few of my favorites - I have a bunch more, but I'll save those for another post ;) What are some of your favorite verses?

Have a great day!









Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*


No comments:

Post a Comment