Wednesday, March 9, 2016

how to stay out of the spring break slump

Howdy y'all! This week I'm excited to be participating in the Spring Break Bloggers linkup run by Olivia. It took me a while to come up with something for this, because my family usually doesn't do much at spring break. My mom has a different spring break than my sister and I, and my dad is self-employed, so he's usually working. In recent years, my spring breaks have consisted of laying around, eating an inordinate amount of Girl Scout Cookies, and watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. And then I come back to school in what I like to call, the 'spring break slump'. Basically, I'm lazy, tired, and bored which affects every aspect of my life - from school, to church, to social stuff. Here's how you can avoid the spring break slump and stay productive during and after your break.

Get up at the same time you would on a normal day. This is one I struggle with a lot - I'm a really heavy sleeper and once I'm out, I can sleep until noon or later. I've found that when I get up at around the same time I do on school days (or maybe a little later... it is a break, after all), I have much more productive days and it's easier for me to transition back into school.

Don't watch so much dadgum Netflix (or TV in general, really). I mean, it's fine to watch some, but starting a new series at the beginning of your break with the goal to finish it by the end probably isn't the smartest decision. In my experience, once I'm on Netflix for the day, I'm not getting off and when I get back into school, I don't want to do anything because the next season of that show I started is calling my name. I actually gave up Netflix for Lent this year, and I'm so glad I did it!! I've been so much more productive and while I am a little upset I missed the Fuller House release, I'm glad I haven't been wasting so much time.

Do a little spring cleaning. Put that Hamilton soundtrack (but really if you haven't listened to this do it now) on repeat and get to work!! When I get organized I feel less stressed and more productive. Plus, if you do this now, you won't have to worry about it when you're back in school. (Bonus!! If you live at home, like me, your parents will be super hype and more likely to get you the Chipotle you've been craving for weeks.)


Spend some time outside!!!!!! I never go outside enough but it's so nice! Last weekend I went camping with my youth group in Oklahoma and it was so refreshing and fun. I hung in my Eno for hours - and lemme tell ya', you can take some bangin' naps in one of those things. Go outside, read a book, take a nap, play with your dog, whatever!!

How are you staying out of the spring break slump? Let me know in the comments below! Also, here's the link to the rest of the posts in the linkup:


Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment