Tuesday, February 2, 2016

february goals

Howdy y'all! I'm back today with yet another goals post! It seems like I've been doing so many of these, but I promise I'll take a chill pill on 'em now that January is over.


First, here's a recap of my January goals (which you can read in their entirety here). I wanted to work super hard on school this past month, and I think I did an alright job. I could've done better though, so I'll continue to work on it throughout the semester. Another big one was bible reading and going to church more. I definitely went to church more this month then I did in December, and read my Bible more. However, I still need to be focusing on this a lot this coming month. The whole situation with getting my yearbook crew back on track has yet to be resolved. We got one deadline in, but it was due in like, November so... I'm planning to continue pulling extra time this month to ensure that the book is on time and as beautiful as any. Finally, I wanted to spend more time on me. While I did try, it didn't really work out too well for me. But, I recently bought a calligraphy pen (y'all know I love to letter) as well as some more watercolors, and I think spending some time being more creative will help me chill out.

Now on to this month. First off, I would really like to start getting some exercise in and start eating a little healthier. I really, really stink at health goals (even worse then I stink at goals in general) so I'm not going to push myself too hard on this, just watching what I'm eating a little more. In terms of exercise, I'm not joining a gym or starting crossfit or something crazy, I'll probably just be taking my dog on walks everyday when I come home from school.

Next, I want to get my MYP project under control. My school is an IB school, which means all sophomores have to do this big cumulative project over the course of the year. I'm presenting in about a month and I still have to write an essay, do 10 journal entries, make a product, and ready myself to present it. So, you could say I've got a lot of work to do. I'm going to put together a schedule of when I need to have things done so I can stay on track and dedicate a little bit of time each day to work on it.

If you read my 2016 reading list, you'll know that I'm attempting to read a butt-ton of books this year. My timeline is to read about one book for every two weeks. I'm already off track (insert upside down face emoji here). So, I'm going to base my timeline off of how long the book is, and how difficult I think it will be to read. I'm hoping to finish the book I'm on and complete another in February.

Finally, we all know that February is Valentine's and most people either get all mushy with their significant other, or mope around and use the forever alone hashtag excessively. I'll be doing neither. I believe that Valentine's shouldn't just be about your husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend, but that it should be about loving everyone. Your family, your friends (Galentine's anyone?), your peers, and your co-workers. Find someone to show some extra love to this month - whether it be your mom, your best gal pal, or that sweet little old man down the street that may need a some extra help.

That's it for my February goals! What are you hoping to accomplish this month? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment