Friday, January 29, 2016

be bold linkup: my personal goals

Howdy y'all! This Friday I've got another installation of Be Bold 2016!! I can't believe it's the last one - I've had so much fun doing this linkup hosted by Christina, Gina, Allie, Kate, and Catherine! To see all of my posts, week one I talked about my word of the year, during week two, I told y'all all about my blogging goals, and last week I posted about my health goals. This week I'm talking to ya' about my personal goals for the year.


I've talked about this a lot in my other Be Bold posts, but one of the biggest things I'm trying to focus on this year is my faith. Just like I said in my other posts, praying more, doing more bible studies, and going to church more often are my main goals.

I'm also trying to read A LOT more this year. To be specific, about a book for every two weeks. If you want to see my reading list, I wrote a whole post about it here.

Another big one is to focus more on school. I'm a pretty motivated and good student, but lately I've had problems with procrastination and just really not wanting to work as hard, because I know I can get by without it. Because of that, I've seen a drop in my grades (not crazy or anything, still all A's here, but definitely not up to my standards [basically I'm doing the minimal possible to keep my A, and I don't want to encourage that for myself]).

Something I've been thinking about a lot lately, is my budget. As a high school student that wants to buy everything under the sun, and not having a job other than occasionally babysitting, my financial skills are not the best. I'm planning to create a budget, start putting x amount of whatever I make into a savings account, and hopefully get a steady job at least babysit more often by the end of the year. I'm not really rushing this one because I think if I try to do it all at once, I'll just give up on it, so I'm taking it one step at a time.

Finally, most of y'all know I take piano lessons. I really stink because I don't practice enough, but I have an absolutely amazing teacher and I should be utilizing that resource while I'm still taking lessons. I'm trying to make practicing a part of my daily routine and am choosing songs I love (even if they're a little challenging/completely out of my league) to motivate me.

What are your personal goals this month? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment