Friday, January 8, 2016

be bold linkup: my word of the year

Howdy y'all!! This week I'm super excited to be participating in linkup hosted by Christina, Gina, Allie, Kate, and Catherine. The Be Bold 2016 linkup was created so that bloggers could share their goals for the upcoming year. I think it's a really awesome concept and can't wait to share with y'all! If you want to participate, here's a link to all of the prompts and dates.


This week I'll be talking about my "word of the year" or my one word that describes what I would like 2016 to be like - essentially one big goal. I have seen a ton of bloggers writing and tweeting about this, and think it's such a cool idea to have an all encompassing goal that you can branch other, smaller goals off of for the rest of the year. This was actually a question in a Twitter chat I attend called Creative Coffee Hour. During that chat, I picked "growth" as my word.

In 2015 I finally got back into blogging and couldn't be loving it more, and now that I'm all settled, I'd really like to make some big progress with this site. My pageviews have been growing steadily since I came back, and that is something I'd like to focus on continuing to grow so that I may have the opportunity to work with a few companies and other bloggers.

I'd also like to grow in engagement. I've recently joined a blogging community, She Can, and I am super excited to get to work with all of the lovely ladies involved in that. I want to do more Twitter chats, and linkups, and make some wonderful friends. I want to read more blogs and find new blogs and rediscover old favorites.

I want to grow in the technical side of things. Improving my photography is high on my list, as well as learning to code and design my website to make it the best it can be. I want to learn all of the things I should already know about blogging and just learn in general!

Even outside of blogging, growth is a great word to describe what I want to do this year. I want to grow my faith and learn all about my great Lord. I want to grow my knowledge and soak up all the information I can. I want to grow as a sister, a daughter, a cousin, and a friend.

I want this year to be the year I work hard. I want this year to be the year I love others a whole dang lot. I want this year to be the year I live more like Jesus. I want this year to be a year of growth.

What's your word of the year? Tell me in the comments below!

Have a great day!









Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment