Tuesday, January 5, 2016

january goals

Howdy y'all, and happy 2016!! I am so excited for this year, and am definitely hoping to grow B&B. If you want to know what was goin' on last year, check out my 2015 year in review post. I'm kicking off this year with my January goals. I'm not doing big yearly goals because I feel like they're too broad, but monthly goals help me keep in check.


First, here's a review of my December goals. I really wanted to work on practicing my piano. Yeah... that didn't happen. However, I'm going to continue that into this month. Secondly, I wanted to make reading my Bible a priority. While I did do better than I have been, this is definitely still something I need to work and focus on. With all of the stressful things that happened last month, I some how managed to stay really frickin' optimistic and I am so glad I made that a goal. Also, I spread SOOOO much Christmas cheer, it's unreal. Finally, I ~think~ I totally rocked the socks off of my finals. We haven't gotten our scores back *sighs aggressively* but I studied hard and feel very confident. :) Overall, my December goals went over pretty well, and I'm hoping January will be just as wonderful!

For my first goal, I want work really hard on school. I've got my first AP test coming up this semester, am presenting a cumulative project about Alzheimer's Disease, and am hoping to go for National Merit Scholar next year, as well as beginning to apply for colleges and scholarships so I want to prepare myself for a lot of hard work by really diving in this semester. I plan to do this by using my new Erin Condren planner to schedule my time and studying more for each of my classes.

I'm including Bible reading again as well as spending more time with my church family. It's more difficult to get involved at church stuff during the school year, but I really want to make it a priority because my church people really are my best friends and being around them makes me beyond happy. Also, obviously this will improve my relationship with Jesus which is the end goal.

Most of you know that I have pretty severe social anxiety, but this month I'd really like to step out of my anxiety comfort zone. This past month there were a few things I skipped out on just because I was too scared to go to them and I do not want to do that anymore. That really just feeds my anxiety and makes it harder for me to go the next time around, so I'll try to combat that by taking any social opportunities I'm given.

I'm an editor on my school's yearbook (you can read about the time I got an awesome journalistic opportunity here), but we have been falling waaayyyyy behind on deadlines. This was a huge problem for us last year, and I really don't want to have to go through that again, so I'm going to try to get my yearbook crew back on track. I'm planning to pull a few extra hours pre-designing stuff for upcoming deadlines and working more with my staff to help them finish their pages, as well as doing some of my own.

Finally, I want to spend more time on me. Just last night I was at a Creative Coffee Hour Twitter chat about self-care, and it opened my eyes to the fact that I don't always make time to relax. I'm planning to schedule at least 15 min. a day (probably coinciding with my Bible reading) to chill out and do something for myself. It could range from hanging in my new hammock for a while, to reading a book I love, to taking a nice bath with some Lush goodies - anything that will help me relax for a minute.

What are your goals this month? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great day!









Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment