Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 year in review

Howdy y'all! With this being the last post of 2015 (!!!!!!!), I thought we could take a little trip down memory lane. Here's my 2015 year in review.


In January, I was trying to get back in to blogging (and failing miserably, I might add). The only thing I posted all month was a recipe for these Cowboy Cookies.

In February I did a little better with two posts. In the first I made these cute little Valentines, and in the second I ranted about how much I didn't like this mascara

March had another two posts which I'm honestly not too proud of. I could have put more effort into these for sure. Read a standardized testing pep talk and how to redo your room on a budget at the links.

April was also kind of a gross month for B&B. While I put a lot of effort into these posts, I really wasn't all that happy with them. After Easter I posted 3 recipes to use all of your leftover eggs and some of the tunes I was listening to at the time.

In May I was so stressed about school that I decided to take the month off, which I regret immensely. My finals were not all that bad that semester, and I definitely could have used that time to be growing my blog.

Towards the end of June I started coming back strong with a recipe for Firecracker Flag Cakes. This was also the time I started applying myself to research and engage in the blogging community.

In July I didn't miss a single post! This was a huge step for me as a blogger because I was beginning to show real commitment to my blog. I first posted a summer lookbook along with my love letter to blogging, a post about my time at church camp, and an ootd.

In August I wrote 3 posts that I LOVED. The first was a post about gratitude, a message I think is one of the most important to spread. The second was a Breckenridge travel guide along with a few of the pictures I took there. Finally I posted some of the outfits I wore on my first week back at school.

September was another pretty good month for B&B. I saw a lot of progress in my traffic due to my engagement in the community, and I was pretty happy with my posts. I wrote about what I was watching on Netflix, my top 6 favorite blogs at the time, an outfit I wore to a wedding, and how I used my planner.

October was the month I switched from one post a week, to two. I started my Currently Coveting series, was nominated to do the Liebester Award, shared my struggle with being motivated, put together a fall ootd, participated in the Gal Pal Holiday linkup with a post on what to do on Halloween, even if you aren't a fan, and shared what I carry in my purse.

In November I began documenting my monthly goals so that I could stay accountable and created this easy DIY editorial calendar. I ranted to you all about how much I love water, continued the Currently Coveting series, and told a story about the time I took pictures on the field of AT&T Stadium. Finally, I started getting into the holiday spirit with my first gift guide of the season, and another Gal Pal Holiday post.

I kicked off December with my monthly goals and 25 random facts about me. I shared another gift guide, a new installment in Currently Coveting, and a Gal Pal Holiday post on my Christmas playlist. I participated in the Blogger Secret Santa linkup and wrote about how you can transform your blogging mindset. I finish December with this post.

My year started off as a pile of crap. I was not happy with my blog, and my posts reflected that. I know everyone says it, but it really is true that you NEED to be involved in the blogging community for a successful blog. I am so proud of the amount of progress I have made this year, and hope that I can continue to grow in 2016.

Thank you all so much for supporting Beauty & Blazers and encouraging me along the way. I am truly so grateful to have found all of these amazing people with such incredible work ethics and can't wait to continue to work with y'all.

You rock my socks,
Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment