Wednesday, January 13, 2016

how i keep up with my prayer list

Howdy y'all! I'm a little late on this week's post, but I have been super busy getting back into school and all of my other activities. Today I wanted to talk to y'all a little bit about prayer, and how I keep up with all the things I need to be praying for.


I've always struggled a lot with prayer. I'll sometimes forget that I said I would pray for someone, or just say it to say it. I've recently been trying to pray more often and kind of set up a "schedule" for myself. I don't really want to call it that because the times I've set aside shouldn't be the only times I'm praying, but I wanted to have specific times that I pray and make a point of doing it.

When I'm praying, sometimes I have so many things that I can't remember them all and I definitely don't want to leave anyone out! So, one day when I was sitting in church, I grabbed a note card to write down all the people that were being read off from the bulletin. I didn't have my purse with me that day, so I just stuck it in my phone case to look at later. Well, the next day I had forgotten to take it out, and someone was telling me that they needed prayers for something. I remembered I had it, and pulled it out to write that down.

I realized this was a super easy was to keep up with my prayers and add to it, as well as be able to pull it out at any time and have my prayer list right there. I've decided to make a new one every week and just keep it with me at all times in my phone case and add to it as needed. This has been very effective and helpful for me and is a great because whenever I see it, I remember that I need to say my prayers.

This post felt really repetitive, but it's a pretty simple idea, and I really want to reiterate how much it's helping me. Hopefully if you're struggling with prayer, this will be a helpful resource to you, and as always I would love to help you out if you need it! (you can email me at beautyandblazers@gmail.com or just send me a DM on Twitter)

The bottom line is, we have an open line of communication with our Lord 24/7 and not utilizing that is just plain silly. Whether it be that you need help, that someone else needs help, or you just want to say thanks, He will ALWAYS be there.

Do you keep a prayer list? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!









Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H.(@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored or endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment