Tuesday, December 1, 2015

december goals

Howdy y'all! It's the beginning of a new month, which means it's time for some new monthly goals as well as a recap of last month's goals.


I had some pretty hardcore goals for November (read them in their entirety here). which made accomplishing all of them difficult. I did make some progress though.

First I wanted to work on procrastination. While I did get a little better with this, I could still use some work.

I also wanted to reach out to more people and make some friends, both in the real world and blogging community. It's slow progress, but I'm doing pretty well!! I've been talking to more people in school, and am planning to join another Twitter chat as well as an Instagram challenge this month.

Next up was making my mornings a time I cherish. I hardcore failed... This has always been something I really struggled with, so I'm going to continue to work on it.

I also wanted to organize all of my blogging resources, and begin using them. I organized what was in my computer, but haven't gotten all my printables together, and haven't really started using them.

Finally, I wanted to work on being thankful. I've been working on a list of things I'm thankful for that I keep in my phone case so I can jot stuff down quick if I think of something. I've also been trying to say more prayers of thanks, using the list as a reference.

Now that we got our recap out of the way, here are my December goals.

One of my biggest things this month, is really cracking down on practicing my piano. I've been taking lessons for about 8 years, but I still really stink at it. Plus, I've got a recital coming up in a few weeks, and my pieces aren't looking too hot. I'm planning to do this by setting alarms to periodically go off during the afternoon and evenings where I will have to drop what I'm doing and go practice.

Another big one is prioritizing my bible reading. I really do not read and get into the word enough, so I want to get in a good habit of reading every day. The She Reads Truth app has some awesome plans that I'm going to use to get started. I'll also be writing a lot of the verses I read in those given passages so I can really get into the word and retain it.

This month is super busy. With finals, Christmas and everything in between, it's easy to get stressed out and upset. I also have a birthday coming up, and while it's exciting, not only is my piano recital that day, but my sister has a band concert, and most of my friends are booked for the month already. I've been pretty upset about that, but one of my goals this month is to stay optimistic. I think that by throwing myself into my other goals, and being festive as frick, I can keep a positive mindset over the course of the month.

Speaking of being festive, I LOVE Christmas. Part of the fun is, of course, spreading Christmas cheer (by singing loud for all to hear?). So, this month I'll making a bunch of Christmas cards for everyone from church buddies to yearbook buddies to blogging buddies (if you want a Christmas card from me, fill out this lil' Google form). I've also already got 2 ugly Christmas sweaters, one that's semi-ugly, several pairs of earrings, a (really obnoxious) jingle bell bracelet and a reindeer antler headband complete with lights, so you could say I'm set...

Finally, I'm ready to rock the socks off of finals. It's going to require a lot of study guide making, fuzzy socks, and peppermint tea/hot chocolate, but I want to do really well these last couple of weeks so I can finish my semester, and start the next one, on a good note.

What are your goals for this December? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment