Tuesday, November 10, 2015

why you should be drinking (at least) a liter of water a day

Howdy y'all! This week I wanted to talk to you about something near and dear to my heart: water. You see, I was once like you, a soda drinker (or really anything I could get my hands on other than water), but now I have seen the light. And you know what I saw? A diggity-dang bottle of water. Here's why I think water is the real MVP.


So here's my story. When I entered my freshman year of high school (aka last year), I decided I should bring a drink with me every day. What did I choose you ask? Not water. Vitamin Water and I had a thing going for a while, but I got tired of it. Snapple was too sugary to drink everyday. Powerade stained my teeth. Then, one fateful day, my friend Maddy came to class with a Camelbak. I was like "Woah! That's a neat bottle there!" and she was like "Yeah!". Naturally, I proceeded to buy one. I got me a big ol' 32oz. (which you can find here or at your local Academy, where I got mine) and brought it to school filled to the brim with water. Guess what! I still haven't gotten tired of, it's not too sugary, and it doesn't stain my teeth.

Now the Camelbak. Lemme' tell ya. Not only do those things look cool, they make it so easy to guzzle water and not even realize you're drinking. You just sip on the little straw and next thing you know, you really, really need to pee. Plus, they look SO FREAKIN' SWEET
when you get stickers and decorate them!!

After bringing my nifty bottle for just a few weeks, I noticed that I always felt good health wise and was having less headaches than usual. Speaking of which, did you know that about 90% of headaches are able to be cured by drinking some water? (Don't quote me on that statistic though...) Also, drinking a lot of water is the easiest way to prevent headaches and just feel good in general. Do you want to feel good? If yes, drink a liter of water everyday. If no, reevaluate your answer.

Now comes the sad part of our story (don't worry, there's a happy ending). Over the summer, my family went to Colorado (read about it here!), and I brought my Camelbak because, duh, no one wants altitude sickness. Well on the way home, my trusty friend (who had adorable stickers on it, I may add), fell out of my backpack, and was lost. Not gonna lie to you, I cried. I went for about a 3 week period without my Camelbak. Basically I went from drinking liters of water everyday, to no water at all. I was miserable and sick and I could not for the life of me figure out why. Well one day I was complaining to Maddy, and she was like "Hey Alison, maybe you're dehydrated." and I was like "Lol, you prolly right." So dehydrated Alison goes to Academy, and buys a new Camelbak. Guess what? I felt better! Because water is the real MVP!

The moral of the story, drink a liter of water every day. The best way to do this, in my opinion is to buy a reusable bottle and carry it around with you every where. Do you have any tips on how to remind yourself to drink water? Let me know in the comments!

Have a great day!








Disclaimer: This post was not endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment