Friday, November 6, 2015

diy editorial calendar for bloggers

Howdy y'all! I recently created an editorial calendar for my blog to keep everything on track, and I am in love with it!! It makes everything so much easier to keep straight in my head, and I think it looks pretty darn cute. Here's how I created an easy, effective, and visually pleasing editorial calendar for bloggers.


For the paper, I just used some kraft wrapping paper that I got at Target, but you can probably find it at most craft stores. My unit of measurement was Post It Notes, so I made it 5X6 with a little extra room at the top to write the month. Making it this way meant that I wouldn't be able to make the days fall right under each other like a normal calendar. I don't mind it, but if you aren't a fan you can always turn the paper horizontally and try it that way.


I did it all in pencil to start with, but when I was ready to make more defined lines, I used washi tape to separate the horizontal lines, and Sharpie to separate it by day. Then I wrote in the dates. I wrote the day of the week on each one as well so I could differentiate since they aren't in columns. To finish off the actual calendar, I hand lettered the month into that space at the top and decorated it a little. I'm not particularly fond of how my lettering came out looking this month, but I love the rest off it!


Finally, just hang it up and get to scheduling! I use post it notes because they're so easy to move around if I need to. If it's a post I just write the post title and what I need to do to get it ready, and if it's an event or social media engagement, like all those #CreativeCoffeeHour post-its I've got up there ;), I write the event or workshop and the time it starts.


That's it! A super easy, effective, and adorable editorial calendar has really been working well to keep me organized, especially when we're in the middle of the busiest time of year. What do you use to keep yourself organized? Also, if you decide to make a calendar like this, make sure to let me know on Twitter or Instagram! I would love to hear from ya'!

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment