Wednesday, October 28, 2015

making halloween plans, even if you hate halloween

Howdy y'all! This week I am participating in the #galpalholiday linkup hosted by Cathleen, Rachel, and Cristina. I am so so pumped for this linkup especially because it's my first one!! This week's theme was Witches, Ghouls, and Goblins.


I have never really been a big fan of Halloween, mostly because I'm such a scaredy-cat. In recent years, however, my friends usually had other plans, which resulted in me staying home, eating candy and waiting for someone to show up at the door in a neighborhood where no one trick-or-treats. Not exactly the ideal situation. This year I have vowed to have a good holiday, even though I am definitely not a fan. Here are a few ideas to make your night awesome, even if you just aren't all that into Halloween.

The obvious answer, at least to me, hang out with some kids. They all wear cute little costumes and are so pumped up and once the night is over they're practically drunk on candy. You're guaranteed to see a baby Yoda and have a hilarious night. Actually, my plan this year is to go out with my little cousins Sarah, who is six, and Emily, who is two. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

Now while I may not be a lover of Halloween, fall is my actual jam. If you really aren't feelin' those spooky vibes, just have a "fall themed night". Basically, paint or carve a pumpkin, drink some cider, eat a whole lot of apple crisp, and wear fuzzy socks while jamming out to an autumnal playlist and/or Rusty Clanton's song, "Fall". (Don't forget to take an Instagram picture that's cute as frick)

Finally, if you are simply too lazy to even, get your Disney groove on and queue up Twitches, Halloween Town, and Hocus Pocus, not to mention some Charlie Brown. Eat some junk food with seasonal packaging to really get that festivity going.

Sorry this post was so short, but Friday's post is a good one so get ready for that! :) Do you love Halloween or hate it? Let me know all about it and your plans this year in the comments below!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment