Friday, July 10, 2015

love letter to blogging

Howdy y'all! The other day I was looking at Cathleen Slagle's blog, and saw her Love Letter to Blogging post. I absolutely loved the idea, so here I am writing one!



I started my blog in 2013 after a distant cousin started hers. I loved reading that blog and wanted to start my own. When I did, I was young and naive {says dramatically} and thought that copying and pasting my pins from Pinterest and writing commentary on them was okay. The horror! Eventually I realized writing actual content was probably a good idea, so I started on that. Now I'm not saying that it was good content, but it was a start.

My content started getting better in around September of 2014 after I bought my camera, Penelope, {she's a Nikon D3200} and started learning more about blogging.

I've taken several breaks, but I always come back for more because I love it. My blog is something I'm proud of. I love when family and friends bring it up, telling me they've been reading it. I love the feeling of publishing a new post and being so proud of it. I love staying up late so I can get things done before they go live. I love learning about HTML and the magic that happens when you enter a code correctly. {No but really, the HTML thing is so cool} I love having every notebook I own full of blog ideas - including in the middle of my school notes.

This blog is something I want to always be a part of me. To always have a place I can go and write about what ever the heck I want. I'm not the best in social situations, but through my blog I have a voice. When I meet people, the first thing I want them to know about me is that I'm a blogger, because this is where I can really share what I love without being scared. I've learned a lot from the blogging community as well. Everyone is so willing to share what they know and to help others.

In May of this past year, I celebrated my 2 year blogging anniversary. I still can't believe it has been that long. I look forward to many more years with Beauty & Blazers and can't wait to see what's to come.

Thank y'all so much for reading! If you've written a love letter to your blog, or want to write one, let me know in the comments below so I can read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment