Friday, January 23, 2015

cowboy cookies

Hey y'all! Today I'm going to show y'all a recipe that my grandmother just gave to me, Cowboy Cookies. These oat based cookies are somewhat healthy, not to mention delicious!



Here are the ingredients you'll need:

1 cup of softened butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
6 cups of rolled oats
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
(Chocolate chips, pecans, and raisins optional)



After combining everything in a large bowl, you'll separate it into 3" patties and place them on a cookie sheet. The recipe calls for a 5-7 minute cook time at 375, but they should probably go for a little longer. Mine were really crumbly and I'm still trying to figure out the cause, but it's probably that they needed a longer cook time, or more liquid in the batter. Here's what the batter and finished product looked like!




Thank y'all for reading! Let me know down below if you try out this recipe! Also, if there's anything you'd like to see on my blog in the future, let me know!

Hope you enjoyed this post!





No comments:

Post a Comment