Sunday, December 14, 2014

christmas gift guide



Howdy y'all! Today I'm doing a little holiday gift guide! Sometimes, finding the right gift, for the right person, on the right budget can be a little stressful, so I'm going to give you a few tips on how to find the perfect present. 



Starting off with budget, being a minor, without a job, I am basically broke. So budget is a big thing for me. While I was doing my shopping this year, I found a couple of great, budget friendly, websites. My favorite is Hautelook. Hautelook is a great website for anything and everything. The idea of the site is to take name brand stuff, and put it on GREAT sales. I bought a piece of jewelry worth over $100, for $20. The best part? It's completely reliable. The company is owned by Nordstrom, so you know you aren't getting ripped off.



For finding something for someone a little more specific in their taste, here are a few specialty websites.

  1. Me being a Texas girl, I've got to include my absolute favorite site in the world. Texas Humor, originally a Twitter account run by some random Texan, it has branched off into a great business run by the same guy and his wife. Their stuff is great quality (very, very comfortable) and not to mention hilarious. Overall, this is a great place for the Texan in your life (we all know one).
  2. Etsy, is also a great place to find something that is more of a rarity than what one might find at WalMart. If you look hard enough, you can find almost anything. Sometimes the prices are a little higher, but for the quality, it's probably worth it.
  3. I know this isn't a website, and it's probably occurred to most of you, but if you can't find something online, SHOP SMALL! (This will link you to the website for the shop small movement, if you'd like to learn more about it.) Shopping locally or in a small town is great for that area's economy, and you can find some really amazing stuff in small, locally owned, stores.
For someone that really means a lot to you, you might try to spend some extra time and make them something. One of my friends is making notebooks with encouraging quotes and funny memories inside of it for all of the girls in her youth group. Another great thing is gift baskets tailored to that person's interests. For your movie lover, make them a basket with a bunch of candy and a theater gift-card in it. Finally, if all else fails, check Pinterest. You can ALWAYS find something fun there.

Hopefully this helped y'all think of some ideas for gifts. If you have any other cool ideas, let me know down below! 

Y'all are blessings!









Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of the above mentioned companies. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment