Friday, October 17, 2014

homecoming 2014: my outfit & makeup



Howdy y'all! Last week my school had our homecoming which, if you didn't already know, is kind of a big deal in Texas. On Friday, everyone wore their gigantic mums (if you don't know what a mum is, check it out here) and went to the football game that night (we won! our school is now 6-0, which hasn't happened for our football team since 1987). On Saturday night, we all dressed up to go out to dinner, and then headed to the dance. In this post, I'm going to show y'all what I wore to the dance, and my makeup look. I would post my outfit and mum for that Friday, but it has my school's name on it, so I'm not going to this year.




This is my outfit! My dress was from Deb, as were my shoes. My bracelet is from James Avery (I'm not sure if they sell this style anymore). My necklace is from Charming Charlie. I got my hair blown out at the salon, and left it down.

I don't actually have a close-up of my makeup, but it was a pretty simple look. Here's how I did it. All of the products are linked to a website/store where you can buy them. (Side-Note: I took these pictures outside and suffered at least 20 mosquito bites, so be appreciative!)



I started of with my favorite foundation, Covergirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous in shade number 805:Ivory. I applied this with my Stila foundation brush. 



Next, I applied an Elf concealer underneath my eyes with my fingers.



Then I set my face makeup with my Covergirl Clean powder in shade number 125:Buff Beige.



Next up was my NYC bronzer in "Sunny". I applied this with a Stila angled contour brush.



I used Benefit's Coralista blush on the apples of my cheeks. I applied this with a Stila angled blush brush. 



To highlight my cheekbones, I used Benefit's High Beam. I brushed some right on the bone, and then blended with my fingers.



I then primed my eyelids with Elf's Eyelid Primer. I applied this with my fingers.





My eye look consisted of 4 shadows from Urban Decay's Naked palette. I used Sidecar as a base, then Smog in the outer-corner and crease. In my inner-corner I applied Sin, and finally I applied Virgin on my brow-bone. 




For eyeliner, I used Rimmel London's Scandaleyes in number 005:Nude on my water-line (just underneath your eye). On my lash-line, I used NYC's Liquid Eyeliner in number 887 Black.




To finish off my eyes, I curled my lashes, and first applied Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes!. Then to accentuate my lashes even more, I used Urban Decay's Perversion.






To complete my look, I applied Covergirl's Flame as a base, and Milani's Rose Hip on top of that. 

That's the complete post! I know there were a lot of pictures, and I didn't go it to too much detail on the products, but if you want more, let me know what you want a review on! I've got a super huge, awesome post coming in the next few weeks, so get ready!

Hope y'all enjoyed this post!












Disclaimer : I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned in the above post, and all opinions expressed are my own. Also, all of the pictures in the above post were originally taken by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment