Friday, January 22, 2016

be bold linkup: my health goals

Howdy y'all! This FriYAY (okay, but how cute is this term?), I'm back with another Be Bold 2016 Post! This is a month long linkup for blogger's to share their goals run by Christina, Gina, Allie, Kate, and Catherine. You can check out my post from last week here.


This week's prompt was about health goals, and while I will say I'd like to (and need to) drop a few pounds, this year I'm more focused on my mental health.

As I've shared many times before, I have pretty severe social anxiety and just anxiety in general. I have been getting out there more and making friends, but this year I really, really want to step out of my comfort zone (beyond just like, a centimeter). I'm planning to do this by like I said, just getting out there. Saying yes to and going to things I wouldn't normally do, and talking to more people instead of standing around awkwardly.

Another big factor of mental health for me is my spiritual health. I'm working on reading my bible more and praying more (read how I keep up with my prayer list here) and want to continue that this year. I've also been considering getting into bible journaling to have a creative outlet while I worship and study.

Finally in the mental health department, my stress levels have been out the wazoo these first weeks of 2016, and I really want to focus on making time for myself just chilling and doing things I enjoy. This was actually one of my January goals, but I'm planning to extend it throughout the year.

In reference to like, actual, physical health, I'm starting small by just counting my calories with My Fitness Pal. I did this for a few months last year and I lost quite a bit of weight (naturally I gained it all back and then some). Also, water!! I love that stuff and am going to continue to guzzle it forever and ever (you can read my post on the love affair between myself and water here).

What are your health goals for this year? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!










Follow me on:
Twitter: @beautynblazers
Instagram: @beautynblazers
Pinterest: Alison H. (@beautynblazers)
Facebook: Beauty & Blazers
VSCO: alison_h

Contact me at:
beautyandblazers@gmail.com

*Disclaimer: This post was not sponsored of endorsed in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment