Friday, October 16, 2015

what i'm struggling with: staying motivated

Howdy y'all! This week I wanted to get kind of deep with you, so today I'm going to talk about a recent struggle of mine- staying motivated.


I have always been a self motivated person. I was and still am "that kid" in school that does everything, does it right, and does it on time. But lately, all I've really wanted to do was lie down and watch Gilmore Girls (which is a great show, by the way).

The past few weeks, my grades have been slipping, not like I'm failing or anything, but they are definitely not up to my usual standards. I cannot bring myself to do homework or study or retake things, because I simply have no motivation to do it. I'm all burned out.

This is happening in other aspects of my life as well. For instance, blogging. I'm sure those of you that follow me on social media (you can find the links to all of my accounts here) have noticed that I haven't been posting hardly ever, and I missed a post just a few weeks ago. Another example: I take piano lessons and have been for a really long time, but for the past 3 weeks, I have practiced my music maybe 3-5 times. That's not good, and my music won't be either if I keep this up.

The biggest problem in all of this though, is that I have no motivation to study God's word. It sounds awful. I should be rejoicing that I am even able to have access to Him! But I just get lazy and ignorant and hit the next episode button on Netflix. That has been my life lately. Perpetually hitting the next episode button.

I know that this is happening because I'm busy - really busy - and tired, but instead of canceling a few things, or bucking up and handling it, I'm still just sitting here. I don't really know why I'm writing this post. There's no insightful ending about how I'm going to stay motivated. I guess it's just here so that I can say that everyone has weeks where they're all out of wack, and these past couple have been like that for me.

If you've got anything that you've been struggling with recently, or have any tips on how you stay motivated (because, honey, I need 'em) let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment