Friday, April 10, 2015

egg-cellent leftovers

Hey y'all! I'm sorry I haven't written in so long, but I'm getting back into the swing of things now, so be expecting some new posts! This past week we celebrated Easter and my family ended up boiling and dying 24 eggs. A little egg-cesive, I know {Sorry, I can't resist the egg puns}. We also had a few extra that my Grammie gave to us, so we've got quite a few eggs to eat in my household. Here are a few ideas for things to make with your Easter leftovers.




Egg Salad

This is an obvious one, but egg salad is one of my favorites so I had to include it. I make mine by taking two hard-boiled eggs and mashing them up with a fork. Then you add mayo and mustard to taste. I like to give it a little crunch and acidity with some pickle relish as well. This is great to eat on a sandwich, or just by itself!



Deviled Eggs

Another kind of 'duh' recipe, but still a good one. To make these deviled eggs, boil and egg, cut it in half, take the yolk out, and put it into a bowl. Then, add mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix these ingredients together and then plop them back into the hole in the egg. These are great for snacking on!



Soy Sauce Eggs

This one is a little less on the traditional side. I had actually never heard about it til I saw it on Pinterest. Basically, you hard boil an egg, peel it, and boil it again in soy sauce. The soy sauce seasons the egg, not to mention makes it look really cool. For the exact specifications, put about 5 tbs. of soy sauce into a sauce pan and let it heat up til it's foaming. Once it it, carefully plop your eggs in and let it go on medium heat until they're covered and the soy sauce is getting kind of sludgy. I was a little skeptical about these, but they turned out to be really good, especially if you like salty things.



I hope y'all like these recipes! Tell me in the comments below what you do with your eggs after Easter. Also, I would love to hear what y'all want to see in the future! 

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment