Friday, March 6, 2015

re-doing your room on a budget

I recently decided to undertake the task of re-doing my room, but unfortunately for me, I'm broke. Here are my tips, for re-doing your room on a budget. 



Sell all your old crap

Pardon my French but, sell what you aren't using. You can tell yourself over and over that you'll need that make-up mirror one day, but that day isn't coming quick enough. If you really want to make space for the new, and be able to afford it, you're going to have to get rid of some stuff. A lot of cities have Barter and Buy Facebook pages for their residents where you can sell and buy things and then drop-off or pick-up at a place that is common to both parties. This is how I'm selling a lot of my stuff.

Shop small

I talk about this a lot on Beauty & Blazers, but it really is important. Instead of going to some big chain like Target {don't get me wrong, I LOVE Target, but their furniture isn't always the best quality for the price}, try shopping at a local store, on an Etsy shop, or at a flea market. I recently bought a real vintage bedspread for only $30 at the Etsy shop A Very Lovely Life {She has great prices and adorable stuff. Amazing customer service as well}, and my family is planning to visit a big flea market in the coming months. Flea markets can be so much fun and they really help in supporting small business owners, such as the vendors that run the booths.

Do what you can on your own

If you know how to work with tools, or have a passion for crafting, try making some stuff on your own. Pallet wood is very versatile and easy to work with, not to mention adorable. Or, instead of buying a bunch of expensive picture frames, print some Polaroid style photos and hang them with a piece of twine on your wall.

I hope these tips will prove useful to some of you! If y'all have any tips, I would love to hear them in the comments section. Once my room is finished, I will try to show y'all some of the stuff I've done for some more room inspiration.

Thanks for reading,











Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of the above mentioned companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment