Friday, May 9, 2014

altauassee, austria

Howdy y'all! Recently we've been doing this research project in English over a topic that pertains to World War II. I picked Monuments Men, or the Monuments, Fine Arts, and Archives Program. If my paper turns out well, I thought I could go a little history nerd on you and put a copy on my blog. I think it is a genuinely interesting topic, and I would love to draw a little awareness to the topic beyond George Clooney's loosely-based movie.

One of the things I learned about was that the Germans loved to store art in abandoned mines and tunnels. One of the biggest repositories was in Altaussee, Austria. You can still visit the mine today, and look at all the little nooks where the Nazis hid art. Also, this place looks like something off of the cover of a magazine.



This is why it has become my mision to go here. It is such a GORGEOUS place and is so rich in history (my favorite). Like, can't you just imagine all of the awesome photos I could take here?!

I just wanted to show y'all this and talk about it a little bit.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment